Reverse Mortgage Lenders
Reverse Mortgages are unique loan products exclusively available to senior citizen borrowers age 62 and older.
Also known as Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECM), Reverse Mortgages operate in the exact opposite way as traditional mortgages, with homeowners receiving mortgage funds in exchange for home equity.
In order to qualify for a Reverse Mortgage, homeowners must have sufficient equity in their home and occupy the property as their primary residence.
For borrowers, Reverse Mortgages offer many exceptional advantages, including:
- Tax-free income Funds received from Reverse Mortgages will not be taxed, unlike many other forms of income.
- No monthly mortgage payments Since homeowners receive funds in exchange for equity, reverse mortgage borrowers do not have to make any monthly payments.
- Flexible payout options Reverse Mortgages allow borrowers to choose between a variety of payout options, including as a lump sum, in periodic installments, or as a line of credit.
- No Credit Requirements Homeowners do not need to satisfy any credit requirements to qualify for a Reverse Mortgage.
- No risk of foreclosure With no monthly mortgage payments to make, borrowers do not put themselves at risk of foreclosure, although they must still keep current with property taxes and homeowner’s insurance.