For borrowers, Reverse Mortgages offer many exceptional advantages, including:
- Tax-free income Funds received from Reverse Mortgages will not be taxed, unlike many other forms of income.
- No monthly mortgage payments Since homeowners receive funds in exchange for equity, reverse mortgage borrowers do not have to make any monthly payments.
- Flexible payout options Reverse Mortgages allow borrowers to choose between a variety of payout options, including as a lump sum, in periodic installments, or as a line of credit.
- No Credit Requirements Homeowners do not need to satisfy any credit requirements to qualify for a Reverse Mortgage.
- No risk of foreclosure With no monthly mortgage payments to make, borrowers do not put themselves at risk of foreclosure, although they must still keep current with property taxes and homeowner’s insurance.
Should You Take Out a Mortgage in Retirement?
Homeowners have always known to pay off their home loans before retirement. A mortgage may be a wiser financial decision amongst affluent seniors.With mortgage rates so low at the moment, borrowers should consider refinancing a jumbo loan to get them...Read More...
Does Landscaping Add to Your Property Value?
By Gretchen WegrichAdding a great landscape to your property can increase the value of your property by tens of thousands of dollars. In addition to increasing the immediate value, a well-maintained landscape actually increases in value as the years ...Read More...
7 Obstacles Between You and The Best Mortgage Rates
By Taylor GolubHomes are bottoming out in many markets (according to Zillow’s forecast, which tracks the value of more than 100 million U.S. homes) -- meaning that now should be the time for buyers to think about getting into or re-entering the...Read More...